This accessibility statement applies to www.cinuk.org
This website is run by the CINUK Programme Management Team. We want as many people as possible to be able to use this website. For example, that means you should be able to:
- zoom in up to 300% without the text spilling off the screen
- navigate most of the website using just a keyboard
- navigate most of the website using speech recognition software
- listen to most of the website using a screen reader (including the most recent versions of JAWS, NVDA and VoiceOver)
AbilityNet has advice on making your device easier to use if you have a disability.
How accessible this website is
We know some parts of this website are not yet fully accessible:
- You cannot modify the line height or spacing of text
- Most older PDF documents are not fully accessible to screen reader software
- Some video captions are auto generated and are not always correct
- The YouTube video player has accessibility issues with contrast and tooltips
- Some links do not have discernible text
- Not all frames have title attributes
- Some ARIA elements have not been implemented correctly
Reporting accessibility problems with this website
We’re always looking to improve the accessibility of this website. If you find any problems not listed on this page or think we’re not meeting accessibility requirements, contact: BAS Service Desk, Web & Applications Team at the following email address: email@example.com.
The Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC) is responsible for enforcing the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018 (the ‘accessibility regulations’). If you’re not happy with how we respond to your complaint, contact the Equality Advisory and Support Service (EASS).
Contacting us by phone or visiting us in person
Find out how to contact us at our contact page. We can supply verbal instructions on how to get to our Cambridge office, or see our page on the British Antarctic Survey website for information on travel options/directions.
Technical information about this website’s accessibility
The CINUK Programme Management Team is committed to making this website accessible, in accordance with the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018.
This website is partially compliant with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines version 2.1 AA standard, due to the non-compliances and exemptions listed below.
The content listed below is non-accessible for the following reasons.
Non-compliance with the accessibility regulations
Most older PDF documents are not fully accessible to screen reader software. This fails WCAG 2.1 success criterion 1.1.1 (non-text content). We plan to replace any PDFs with a text-based alternative by June 2023.
Some of our older embedded videos do not have captions. This fails 1.2.2 Captions (Prerecorded) and (Video) 1.2.3 Audio Description or Media Alternative (Prerecorded).